- Location: Ruthin
- Position: Assistant Estimator
- Salary: Competitive salary in line with your current experience and qualifications
- Date posted: 18th Apr 2017
- Vacancy type: Permanent
Award-winning construction company Jones Bros, has an excellent opportunity available for an enthusiastic individual with knowledge of estimating, to join their office based in Ruthin. The vacancy is ideally suited to a graduate keen to further develop their experience as an Estimator.
Jones Bros is a dynamic and rapidly developing business established for over 60 years. With over 350 employees and a national presence, Jones Bros successfully provides environmental and civil engineering solutions for a diverse range of projects and clients.
As Assistant Estimator, you will predominantly be based at our Ruthin office, with visits to sites as required. Your responsibilities and duties will include;
- Administrating tender documents.
- Ensuring all proposed contracts and terms and conditions are reviewed.
- Using the company estimating software to build up a bid price from our resource library.
- Preparing and following up enquiries for procurement of quotes from material suppliers and sub-contractors.
- Preparing and submitting quotations for work.
- Analysing drawings and other documentation to prepare time, cost, materials, and labour estimates.
- Maintaining tendering process and liaising with Contract Managers based on various sites.
- Compiling the tender documentation into the required format for submission.
- Visiting sites and recording information about access, drainage and topography, and availability of services such as water and electricity.
To be considered for this Assistant Estimator role the following experience, knowledge and skills would be advantageous;
- Awareness of the various forms of contract and Method of Measurements used in the construction industry.
- Effective and professional communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively both as an individual and as part of a team.
- Ability to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines is crucial.
- Computer literacy with good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and other Microsoft Office programmes.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Ideally achieved a HNC, HND or degree in the any relevant subjects such as:
- Structural Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Quantity Surveying
We are an equal opportunities employer
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to:
Jones Bros Ruthin (Civ Eng) Co Ltd,
Ty Glyn, Canol y Dre, Ruthin, Denbighshire LL15 1QW
Upload your CV, Covering Letter and Application Form
Closing date: Friday 30th June 2017