- Location: Ruthin, North East Wales, with travel throughout the UK
- Position: Environmental Officer
- Salary: Competitive
- Date posted: 19th May 2017
- Vacancy type: Permanent
We are looking for a graduate (or equivalent) in one of the Environmental Sciences to join our dynamic organisation in a hands-on advisory and implementation role. The successful candidate will join our small Health and Safety, Environment and Quality team reporting directly to the department’s Senior Manager. Alongside our construction project delivery teams, they will be responsible for assisting, advising and implementing environmental improvement initiatives across our construction sites nationwide.
Jones Bros is innovative in its approach to all aspects of construction site management. Our flat management structure results in a flexible, nimble organisation where self-motivated, practical, problem solvers will thrive.
The role and responsibilities will include:
- Liaising with site delivery teams to provide support on all aspects of environmental issues affecting the construction site.
- Monitoring energy usage on construction sites and head office and improving information capture with the aim of improving energy performance.
- Completing site inspections and discussing findings and recommendations with project staff.
- Ensuring compliance with ISO14001, ISO50001 and environmental permits.
- Water pollution prevention on construction sites in particular silt management.
- Developing innovative solutions, e.g. renewable energy systems for site cabins.
- Liaising with environmental specialists, regulators and client representatives.
- Contributing to written bids for new contracts and awards.
- Assisting with audits and accreditations.
- Design and implementation of company-wide initiatives to improve environmental awareness e.g. minimising waste.
- Liaising with regulators to enable the use of recycled materials for construction.
- Assisting with developing the company’s sustainable employment and construction ethos.
The role is for permanent employment.
Pre-requisite qualifications and capabilities
To be successful in this role you must have the following qualifications and capabilities:
- Degree (or equivalent) in Environmental Science or related discipline.
- Self motivated to work alone and collaboratively with a team.
- Able to communicate clearly with varying groups of people and adjust your style accordingly.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Some practical work experience beneficial but not essential.
Training and development
We believe in developing our staff through building experience on the job as well as further academic and professional qualifications where appropriate for the individual.
- Competitive starting salary
- Company contributing pension scheme subject to meeting eligibility criteria.
- 21 days holiday plus bank holidays.
- Travel and subsistence allowances while attending site.
- All training and professional membership fees will be paid for.
We can offer long term career opportunities where your pay will increase as you gain more experience.
Upload your CV, Covering Letter and Application Form
Closing date: Friday 28th July 2017