As a Site Engineer you will be site based and directly report to the Site Agent. The successful candidate will be working alongside the site foremen to deliver the project.
Jones Bros is a dynamic and forward thinking organisation employing over 300 people. With over 60 years’ experience, our teams deliver high quality environmental and civil engineering solutions, safely, for a diverse range of projects and clients. Our flat management structure results in a flexible organisation where self-motivated, practical, problem solvers will thrive. Working in a team, the successful applicant will be given plenty of exposure to a variety of matters in a supportive working environment to develop knowledge and experience.
The role’s responsibilities will include:
• Planning, measuring, monitoring and reviewing the progress of contracts throughout the project’s lifespan and ensuring compliance with project’s budgets and programme
• Ensuring the accurate setting out and surveying of all aspects of the works
• Interpreting engineering drawings and specifications and ensuring the accurate construction of the works in accordance with client requirements
• Providing sufficient and accurate information to the site Works Management and Foremen to ensure timely construction of the works
• Reporting to the site management team and ensuring adequate plant, labour and subcontract and material resources are available in a timely manner to comply with the project’s timescales.
• Ensuring the timely procurement and payment of suppliers and subcontractors in accordance with company procedures and monitoring their performance including financial throughout the project.
• Preparing and submitting weekly reports on progress, including financial CVRs, on their project and forecasts to completion
• Identifying potential problem areas, and financial impact, in sufficient time to ensure adequate provisions have been made within forecast accounts
• Ensuring the timely submission of interim and final accounts.
• Assisting with the resolution of contractual issues with both clients and suppliers to ensure maintenance of positive company image.
• Preparing Quality, Environmental and H&S Construction Plans in timely manner
• Ensuring company procedures and systems on Quality, Health & Safety and Environmental are implemented and complied with on site
The role is for permanent employment.
Pre-requisite qualifications and capabilities
To be considered for this Site Engineer role the following qualifications and experience are required;
• HNC or Degree in Civil Engineering or Equivalent
• Proven experience as a Site Engineer within the Construction industry.
• Good organisational skills.
• Excellent interpersonal, listening and negotiation skills.
• Computer literate with good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Project 2000, Project Costing Software, CAD and Terramodel surveying packages.
• A high level of written and verbal communication skills to write and present reports, prepare business management documents, and present information and responses while participating in meetings with clients and other parties.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
• Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in both mathematical or diagramatic form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
• Competitive starting salary
• Company contributing pension scheme subject to meeting eligibility criteria.
• 21 days holiday plus bank holidays.
• Support through professional training if required.
Closing date: 6th October