Health, Safety and Environment Assistant
- Location: Ruthin, North Wales
- Position: Health, Safety and Environment Assistant
- Salary: Competitive
- Date posted: 11th Jun 2019
- Vacancy type: Permanent
The Health, Safety and Environment Assistant will provide administrative and technical support to the HSE Team and report to the Health, Safety and Environment Manager. The HSE Team is responsible for developing and maintaining all aspects of the health, safety and environmental procedures that protect the workforce and minimise the Company’s environmental impact.
Jones Bros Civil Engineering UK is a dynamic and forward
thinking organisation employing over 350 people. With over 60 years’
experience, our teams deliver high quality environmental and civil engineering
solutions, safely, for a diverse range of projects and clients. Our flat
management structure results in a flexible organisation where self-motivated,
practical, problem solvers will thrive.
responsibilities will include:
- Provide administrated support to manage, monitor and maintain all ISO standards.
- Provide support to the business ISO champions.
- Inputting, analysing and manipulating data as required to identify trends and for input into HSE reports, procedures, presentations etc.
- Liaising with the Health, Safety & Environment Manager to update or develop new HSE procedures.
- Assist the business with incident investigations.
- Reviewing site documentation as required.
- Updating and maintaining the incident database.
- Updating and maintaining the inspections database.
- Liaising with site staff to ensure action plans from inspections and incidents are closed out.
- Compiling and issuing HSE reports as required.
- Registering new sites with third party inspection companies and monitoring their inspection frequency.
- Registering sites with the Considerate Constructors Scheme, ordering products and recording results on the database.
- Updating and maintaining Occupational Health records including face-fit RPE database.
- Developing, writing and issuing bilingual occupational health awareness posters.
- Inputting data for tenders, pre-qualification questionnaires, award submissions and accreditation schemes.
- When required visit and support sites.
The role is for a permanent employment.
qualifications and capabilities
To be successful in this role you must have the following attributes:
- Competent and
comfortable working with Microsoft Office applications.
focussed, well-organised and able to work to deadlines.
- Enthusiastic about
health & safety and environmental issues.
- Effective at
communicating with all levels of the workforce.
- It would be an
advantage for the post holder to be a Welsh speaker.
- Good written and
verbal communication skills.
This is an opportunity that will reward you with a competitive benefits package and offers you support to further your professional training.
Upload your CV, Covering Letter and Application Form