Health, Safety and Environment Assistant
- Location: Ruthin, North Wales
- Position: Health, Safety and Environment Assistant
- Salary: Competitive
- Date posted: 30th Jan 2019
- Vacancy type: Permanent
The Health. Safety and Environment Assistant will provide administrative and technical support to the HSE Team and report to the Health & Safety Manager. The HSE Team is responsible for developing and maintaining all aspects of the health, safety and environmental procedures that protect the workforce and minimise the Company’s environmental impact.
Jones Bros Civil Engineering UK is a dynamic and forward thinking organisation employing over 350 people. With over 60 years’ experience, our teams deliver high quality environmental and civil engineering solutions, safely, for a diverse range of projects and clients. Our flat management structure results in a flexible organisation where self-motivated, practical, problem solvers will thrive.
The role’s responsibilities will include:
- Analysing and manipulating data as required to identify trends and for input into reports, presentations etc.
- Liaising with the Health & Safety Manager to update or develop new H&S and Environmental procedures
- Reviewing site documentation as required.
- Updating and maintaining the incident database.
- Updating and maintaining the inspections database.
- Liaising with site staff to ensure action plans from inspections and incidents are closed out.
- Compiling and issuing reports as required.
- Registering new sites with third Party inspection companies and monitoring their inspection frequency.
- Registering sites with the Considerate Constructors Scheme, ordering products and recording results on the database.
- Updating and maintaining the face-fit RPE database.
- Developing, writing and issuing bilingual occupational health awareness posters.
- Inputting data for tenders, pre-qualification questionnaires, award submissions and accreditation schemes.
The role is for a permanent employment.
Pre-requisite qualifications and capabilities
To be successful in this role you must have the following attributes:
- Competent and comfortable working with Microsoft Office applications.
- Self-motivated, focussed, well-organised and able to work to deadlines.
- Enthusiastic about health & safety and environmental issues.
- Effective at communicating with all levels of the workforce.
- It would be an advantage for the post holder to be a Welsh speaker.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
This is an opportunity that will reward you with a competitive benefits package and offers you support to further your professional training.
Upload your CV, Covering Letter and Application Form