At the Cabarfeidh Hotel, Stornoway
Wednesday 1st February 2012
from 2pm until 8pm
Works to construct the 6 turbine Pentland Road Wind Farm, on land owned by Stornoway Trust, will commence March 2012, and as a result, Jones Bros will be calling upon local resources to help with the project. If you are able to assist with any of the works listed below, and would like to register your interest in providing services, please come along to the Cabarfeidh Hotel, Stornoway on 1st February 2012, between 2 – 8pm, where we will be on hand to answer any questions you may have.
The opportunities for local suppliers and contractors to assist us on this scheme may be through the following elements of the contract:
• Ecological advisors
• Blasting, drilling and crushing contractors to work in the borrowpits to produce the aggregates for road works.
• Hiring of local plant to assist in the construction of access tracks and hardstandings – Excavators, hydraulic breakers, dumpers and blades
• Hiring of local equipment including accommodation units, pumps, generators, etc.
• Hiring of local labour & JCB to undertake miscellaneous tasks such as highway widening and drainage
• Minor fencing works
• Security cover
• Provision of all types of materials – builder’s merchants, geotextiles, fuel oil distributors and drainage goods suppliers.
• Supply of aggregates for initial section of tracks.
• Utilising of local accommodation facilities and caterers for site supervisory staff
If you are unable to attend, but would like further information, please