- Location: Ruthin, North East Wales
- Position: Payroll Assistant
- Salary: Competitive
- Date posted: 12th Mar 2019
- Vacancy type: Permanent
We are looking for an organised, capable and confident individual to join our dynamic organisation in a Payroll Assistant role. The successful candidate will join our small Human Resources and Payroll team reporting directly to our Payroll Manager.
The successful applicant will assist with the completion of Payroll tasks and will be provided training and have opportunities to develop their Payroll knowledge and experience.
Jones Bros is a dynamic and forward thinking organisation employing over 350 people. With over 60 years’ experience, our teams deliver high quality environmental and civil engineering solutions, safely, for a diverse range of projects and clients.
Our flat management structure results in a flexible organisation where self-motivated, practical, problem solvers will thrive.
Working in a small team means that the successful applicant will be given plenty of exposure to a variety of matters arising in a supportive working environment to develop knowledge and experience.
responsibilities will include:
- Accurately processing weekly and monthly payroll by collecting, calculating, and inputting data for 400 employees.
- Updates payroll records by entering changes in employee details, apply deductions, contract transfers and wage/ salary changes
- Prepares weekly labour cost reports for senior management
- Resolves payroll discrepancies by collecting and analysing information.
- Prepare and distribute weekly and monthly payslips
- First point of contact for receiving and resolving all payroll queries from all employees on sites and head office.
- Maintains payroll operations by following policies and procedures; reporting required changes when necessary.
- Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
- Extensive experience with payroll systems such as Coins
- Prepare P11D annually
- Maintain list of employees with Company vehicles
- Facilitate salary sacrifice schemes, such as Childcare vouchers and bike to work scheme
- Maintain pension scheme (i.e. enrolment, contribution increases and liaising with pension regulator)
The role is for permanent employment.
qualifications and capabilities
To be successful in this role you must have the following attributes:
- The ability to produce
accurate work with high attention to detail.
- Ability to work to
- Good written and
verbal communication skills.
- Self motivated to work
alone and collaboratively with a team.
- Able to communicate
clearly with varying groups of people and adjust your style accordingly.
- Familiarity with
Microsoft Office and payroll systems
- The ability to work
confidentially and exercise tact and diplomacy when dealing with sensitive
- Good organisational
- Previous payroll experience
beneficial but not essential.
We believe in developing our staff through building experience on
the job as well as further academic and professional qualifications where
appropriate for the individual. The opportunity for support to complete an
apprenticeship, or other appropriate academic or professional qualification
will be available.
- Competitive starting
- Company contributing
pension scheme subject to meeting eligibility criteria.
- 21 days holiday plus
- All training and fees
will be paid for.
We can offer long term career opportunities where your pay will increase as you gain more experience.
Upload your CV, Covering Letter and Application Form