Client: Vattenfall Windpower Ltd
Contract value: £58m
Contract date: 2014 – 2017
Energy & renewables
A 50/50 joint venture partnership with Balfour Beatty to construct the balance of plant civils and electrical infrastructure for 76 Siemens 2.3 MW turbines and associated works.
The 4,600 hectare site is located on the A4061 Rhigos Road near Treherbert in the South Wales valleys.
- Design and construction/upgrade 80km site access tracks.
- Construction of new S278 highway entrance
- Engineered upfill works to all turbine foundations.
- Construction of 76 concrete turbine and crane pad foundations – using 6000tonnes of locally sourced steel reinforcement and 50,000m3 concrete produced by our own on-site batching plant.
- 8 borrow pits on site – 750,000t of processed aggregate for on-site tracks
- 120km of cable trenching
- Electrical design and installation
- Landscaping and reinstatement