- Location: Various, UK
- Position: Plant operators
- Salary: Competitive
- Date posted: 3rd May 2017
- Vacancy type: Permanent
Due to continued growth and recent contract awards we are seeking to employ capable and competent Excavator Operators, Bulldozer Operators and Articulated Dump Truck Drivers to work at our construction sites throughout the UK.
Successful candidates will join our committed delivery teams and report to the site supervisor. They will work alongside our directly employed highly skilled staff and be responsible for the following:
- Safely and efficiently operating plant and equipment such as excavators, dump-trucks, crushers, dozers, loaders, tractors and tele-handlers.
- Handling construction materials and tools.
- Carrying out preventative and routine maintenance of the plant and equipments including daily safety checks.
- Identifying maintenance needs and operating errors on equipment.
- Identifying the correct tools and equipment needed to carry out a particular project.
- Groundwork and manual labour as required
- Completing daily SMART sheets and CPCS log books on a weekly basis.
The role is for permanent employment.
Pre-requisite qualifications and capabilities
To be successful in this role you must have the following qualifications and capabilities:
- A valid CPCS licence (or equivalent) for the relevant category of plant.
- Willing and able to travel to our sites around the UK. It may be necessary to stay away from home.
- Experience of bulk earth works operations ideally within a controlled landfill site or experience of working on new wind farm developments is advantageous but not essential.
- Clean full driving licence is desirable.
- Familiar with the standards and code of ethics of plant operation.
- Positive working attitude towards Health and Safety and Environmental legislation and Site Rules.
Training and development
We believe in developing our staff through on the job training and our award winning in house training centre in Ruthin. Typical training opportunities can include:
- NVQ qualifications.
- Additional CPCS plant categories
- Health and Safety and Environmental awareness courses
- First Aid
- A competitive wage consisting of basic plus skill allowance.
- Travel and subsistence allowances.
- Company contributing pension scheme subject to meeting eligibility criteria.
- 20 days holiday plus bank holidays.
- All training costs are covered by the Company.
We can offer long term career opportunities where your pay will increase as you gain more experience.
Upload your CV, Covering Letter and Application Form