Senior Project Quantity Surveyor – North-West Wales
- Location: North-West Wales
- Position: Senior Project Quantity Surveyor
- Salary: Competitive
- Date posted: 21st Sep 2018
- Vacancy type: Permanent
We are looking for a senior project quantity surveyor to join our project delivery team constructing a major highway scheme. The role is predominantly site based with the successful candidate being responsible for managing all the project’s expenditures.
Jones Bros is a dynamic and forward thinking organisation employing over 350 people. With over 60 years’ experience, our teams deliver high quality environmental and civil engineering solutions, safely, for a diverse range of projects and clients. Our flat management structure results in a flexible organisation where self-motivated, practical, problem solvers will thrive. Working in a team, the successful applicant will be given plenty of exposure to a variety of matters in a supportive working environment to develop knowledge and experience.
The role’s responsibilities will include:
- Providing commercial expertise to drive the delivery of projects, managing a small team of quantity surveyors on civil engineering and highways projects.
- Ensure projects are delivered in accordance with the contract.
- Preparation of monthly project reports including cost and value reporting, together with end of life forecasting.
- Subcontract procurement and management.
- Maintenance of project records.
- Change management including raising and valuing compensation events.
- Preparation of monthly applications for payment.
- Awareness of project planning techniques (MSP, P6).
- A sound working knowledge of various standard forms of contracts, focussing on the NEC.
- Preparation and submission of claims and knowledge of dispute resolution.
The role is for permanent employment.
Pre-requisite qualifications and capabilities
To be considered for this Senior Project Quantity Surveyor role the following qualifications and experience are required;
- BSc (Hons) in Quantity Surveying (or similar).
- Chartered or working towards qualification.
- Good knowledge of contract conditions and law within the construction industry.
- A persuasive track record in the delivery of civil engineering projects, particularly in highway projects (earthworks and structures).
- Ability to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines is crucial.
- Computer literacy with good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and other Microsoft Office programmes.
- High level of attention to detail.
This is an opportunity that will reward you with a competitive benefits package and offers you support to further your professional training.
Upload your CV, Covering Letter and Application Form