- Location: UK Nationwide
- Position: Site Agent
- Salary: Competitive
- Date posted: 4th Jun 2020
- Vacancy type: Permanent
As a site agent you will be based on a construction site and directly report to the project manager or contract manager. The successful candidate will be working alongside the site foremen and works managers to manage and deliver the project. The project civil engineers and trainee civil engineers will report directly to the site agent and the site agent will be responsible for reviewing and giving feedback on the quality of their work.
This is a permanent role therefore, due to the project based nature of the role a willingness to travel will be viewed favourably.
Jones Bros is a dynamic and forward thinking organisation employing over 300 people. With over 60 years’ experience, our teams deliver high quality environmental and civil engineering solutions, safely, for a diverse range of projects and clients. Our flat management structure results in a flexible organisation where self-motivated, practical, problem solvers will thrive. Working in a team, the successful applicant will be given plenty of exposure to a variety of matters in a supportive working environment to develop knowledge and experience.
The role’s responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring a “safety first” attitude underpins all operations undertaken for the Company to ensure the health and safety of the company’s personnel and any other people working or visiting site.
- Ensuring all activities are completed safely in compliance with the company’s health and safety policies and procedures.
- Ensuring any environmental protection matters are identified and implement the mitigating procedures and systems where appropriate.
- Ensuring company procedures and systems on quality, health & safety and the environment are implemented and complied with on site.
- Preparing quality, environmental and H&S construction plans in timely manner.
- Planning, monitoring and reviewing the progress of contracts throughout the project’s lifespan and ensuring compliance with the project’s budgets and programme.
- Managing the project delivery team to ensure adequate plant, labour and subcontract resources are available in a timely manner to comply with project timescales.
- Interpreting engineering drawings and specifications and ensuring the accurate construction of the works in accordance with client requirements.
- Ensuring adequate plant, labour, subcontract and material resources are available in a timely manner to comply with the project’s timescales.
- Ensuring the timely procurement and payment of suppliers and subcontractors in accordance with company procedures and monitoring and reporting their performance, including financial, throughout the project.
- Preparing and submitting weekly reports on progress for the project’s financial CVRs and forecasts to completion.
- Identifying potential problem areas, and financial impact, in sufficient time to ensure adequate provisions have been made within forecast accounts.
- Actively resolve contractual issues with both clients and suppliers while also maintaining a good relationship.
- Ensuring the timely submission of project interim and final accounts and releases of retentions and performance bonds with associated completion certificates.
- Mentoring and guidance for junior members of your team and operatives to fully develop their construction competencies.
The role is for permanent employment.
Pre-requisite qualifications and capabilities
To be considered for this Site Agent role the following qualifications and experience are required;
- HNC or Degree in Civil Engineering or Equivalent
- Proven experience as a Site Agent within the civil engineering construction industry.
- Good organisational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, listening and negotiation skills.
- Computer literate with good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Project 2000, CAD or similar surveying packages.
- A high level of written and verbal communication skills to write and present reports, prepare business management documents, and present information and responses while participating in meetings with clients and other parties.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in both mathematical or diagrammatic form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Competitive packages offered to successful candidates.
Upload your CV, Covering Letter and Application Form